সর্ব-শেষ হাল-নাগাদ: ১৭ নভেম্বর ২০১৬
- Issue, cancel, amend and determine conditions of licenses, exemption of licenses and determine the conditions to be followed by such exempted persons.
- Help ensure efficient use, quality services, determine tariff and safety enhancement of electricity generation and transmission, marketing, supply, storage and distribution of energy.
- Approve schemes on the basis of overall program of the licensee and take decision taking into consideration the load forecast and financial status
- Extend co-operation and advice to the Government, if necessary, regarding electricity generation, transmission, marketing, supply, distribution and storage of energy.
- Encourage to create a congenial atmosphere to promote competition amonngst the licensees.
- Ensure control of environmental standard of energy under existing laws.
- Ensure approprite remedy for consumer disputes, dishonest business practices or monopoly.
- Resolve disputes between licensees and between licensees and consumers, and refer to arbitration if necessary.
- Develop uniform methodology of accounting for all licensees to help ensure performance rating on a fair platform.
- Collect, review, maintain & publish statistics of energy.
- Frame codes and standards and make enforcement of those compulsory to ensure quality of services.
- Determine efficiency and standard of the machinery & appliances using energy and ensure through energy audit the verification, monitoring, analysis of the energy data and economic use and enhancement of efficiency on use of energy.
- Perform any incidental functions if considered appropriate by the Commission for fulfilling objectives of the Act.
Monowar Islam, Chairman, Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission was born in 1957 in Chittagong, Bangladesh. He did his Honours and Master’s in details...